Student Health Insurance

Enrollees in the a UC sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan are covered while traveling, but you must contact them to determine how to access their system. Please also enroll in UC Travel Health Insurance, which is free, only requires registration, and allows some limited additional excursions. Non-students should check with their provider for coverage if they are not traveling on UC business.

Before you travel print out the travel insurance and medical insurance cards. Store an e-copy in an email account, and leave copies with your University contact and a trusted personal contact. Provide your itinerary to the medical insurance provider and fill out your profile at Worldcue Planner.

To locate a doctor or hospital:

If you are not on UC business, get a referral through your medical insurance. Get a referral, pre authorization, and ensure that the facility will accept your normal co-payment. Keep all receipts! 

If you on UC business, contact the travel insurance provider on the card that you printed out when you registered. They have an extensive network, if the hospital demands prepayment in cash, they have contacts nearby and will assist you in getting appropriate medical care.

Remember: By registering your travel you receive both travel accident insurance and iJet intelligence alerts free of charge!

Last updated: January 13, 2015