Register your itinerary with the US Department of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- US Department of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)-Registration is free and it allows you to record information about your trip abroad so that the Department of State can assist you in case of an emergency. Once enrolled in this program, embassies are informed of your travel and they will send you important information about safety conditions in the country. Additionally, by providing your travel and contact information the embassy can contact you in case of an emergency.
UC travel insurance registrants (students, resident, and staff) are automatically eligible, at no cost, for iJet services.
- iJet provides real-time travel alerts for health, transportation disruption, security/political uprising, weather, and natural disaster-related emergencies
- iJet knows where you are based on your itinerary when you register your travel
- Once you register, iJet Worldcue will send you a customized travel intelligence report via e-mail
- iJet experts monitor world conditions 24/7 and will alert you to threats that arise during your trip
Many UC faculty, staff, and students have already benefited from iJet during political uprisings, natural disasters, as well as during the H1N1 pandemic.